Rumor has it that the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, Wrath of the Lich King, is in alpha / Friends & Family testing. I flipped over to the wiki to check out what could possibly be on the horizon for Shadow Priests, and oh my frilly knickers!
- Dispersion (51pt shadow, 5m cooldown) – You disperse into pure shadow energy, reducing all damage taken by 90%. You are unable to attack or cast spells, but you regenerate 6% health and mana every 1 sec for 6 sec.
- Growing Pains – “Converts 4/8/12/16/20% of your bonus healing into bonus spell damage. In addition, your Mind Flay has a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to refresh the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain on the target.”
- Improved Shadowform – “Your Fade ability now has a 50/100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when used while in Shadowform, and gives you a 25/50% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage when casting any Shadow spell while in Shadow form.”
- Psychic Horror – “Causes your Psychic Scream spell to have a chance to Fear the target in horror for 4 sec.”
- Aspiration – “Reduces the cooldown of your Inner Focus, Power Infusion and Pain Suppression spells by 10/20%.”
- Dark Spirit – “Increases your Shadow damage by up to 10/20/30% of your total Spirit.”
- Mind Sear (level 75, channeled, 545 mana) – “Causes an explosion of shadow magic around the enemy target, causing 481-519 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 5 sec to all targets within 10 yards.”
OMFG, could we possibly be on track to get an AoE?? What I wouldn’t give for a shadow AoE spell… *drool* I think this puppy actually rivals the 51 pt shadow talent. On a side note, I have a hard time believing that we’ll get to keep Dispersion with a 5 minute cooldown. Seems like something as awesomely save-your-ass as this probably won’t be available all that often.