I’m working on a WoW Newsletter for one of my favorite clients; this one is a monthly repeat project. March’s newsletter has a nice feature on Battlegrounds in it, which means that I need some Battleground screenshots. Which means I’m going in, cover me.
Not only will I be subjecting myself to PvP, but I’m going to have to do it on multiple characters from both factions. That’s so all my screenies don’t give the impression that WoW means playing an Undead Warlock, and nothing else. We can’t have that.
So I’m trying to put together toon-BG combinations that I know will go well. For example, no one but Ahimdylaw, the Paladin, is allowed to do Alterac Valley. Those people are just insane, and it’s not safe for the rest of my toons. ‘Law is the only character I’ve ever had any success with in AV, and that includes healers.
Now that I think about it, healing is probably the best way to do BGs. I’m not expected to fight, not really, and I can play “god” for a few minutes. What the schnitzle am I doing writing this post? I could be not healing rogues fighting in the middle! Right this second!
While on the mission for my Red Dragonhawk, I noticed someone else’s Black War Raptor. Hawt, no? Yeah, I’m rather in love with it. So I checked it out and realized that I’m already on the way to having that bad boy, since I have a few Alterac Valley, Arathi Basin, and Warsong Gulch Marks of Honor.
So, off I go to Arathi Basin. Long-term readers of this blog will already know that I don’t PvP often, and when I do, I don’t do it well. It’s just not a good fit for me, not the least because I’m a horrible sport. When I do manage to vanquish my foe, I’m often dead myself shortly thereafter. This is because I was jumping up and down, pointing at my screen and yelling, “Eat that, bitch!” at the top of my lungs, and someone else came along and just destroyed me. I judge the skill of others by how long it takes them to kill me, and actually the pity the poor souls who simply cannot.
What does a ‘lock like me do while in the battlegrounds, you might ask. Well, I’ll tell you.
- Run into a group fighting on the road and use my instant Howl.
- Sneak up behind an Alli healer and Deathcoil, then chain-Fear until someone notices me.
- Find a Priest, and wait for him to wind up a heal. Then I Spell Lock him.
- After Spell Locking, I start eating buffs off of him.
- Sneak up behind another group and start tossing Seeds into the crowd. The resultant explosions make me cry purply tears of evil joy.
- Talk D into being my own pocket healer, and then make his job as hard as possible by insisting on behavior as per the above.
- Make D homemade waffles to make up for all the stress I’ve caused him. As a life-long healer, he really takes it personally when he loses any group member and that’s especially difficult for him when the lost member is his dear wife. It’s a very special kind of love, y’all.